Fox news article:
Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person than Army
So, the numbers in this article. They say the army uses about 350 per soldier vs DHS who uses about 1450 rounds per officer.
Rarara wasteful spending blahblah.
Here's my calculation on how much I'll probably to spend on keeping up my shooting ability with my conceal carry, not training, and not what I'd like to shoot. 12x50, 600 rounds, that's 50 rounds per month. 50 rounds a month is sub par practice, I should be shooting 100 to a 150 per month, 1200 to 1800 a year, on top of getting some good training.
It hurts to say, since this is part of the reason it's so hard to get ammo and normally I'm pretty hard on government agencies.
For an agency that is in the business of carrying arms, this is not only reasonable, but also responsible. I'm actually quite surprised the army's number is so low. Even though I shouldn't.
----------------
As far as ammo consumption....
To the best of my knowledge there are only two smokeless powder manufacturers in the US, the rest of it is imported.
General Dynamics in St. Marks, Florida and Alliant in Connecticut.
Both are huge government contractors with the civilian market as a very small portion of their income.
Is there a wonder why we have a shortage of ammo?
Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person than Army
So, the numbers in this article. They say the army uses about 350 per soldier vs DHS who uses about 1450 rounds per officer.
Rarara wasteful spending blahblah.
Here's my calculation on how much I'll probably to spend on keeping up my shooting ability with my conceal carry, not training, and not what I'd like to shoot. 12x50, 600 rounds, that's 50 rounds per month. 50 rounds a month is sub par practice, I should be shooting 100 to a 150 per month, 1200 to 1800 a year, on top of getting some good training.
It hurts to say, since this is part of the reason it's so hard to get ammo and normally I'm pretty hard on government agencies.
For an agency that is in the business of carrying arms, this is not only reasonable, but also responsible. I'm actually quite surprised the army's number is so low. Even though I shouldn't.
----------------
As far as ammo consumption....
To the best of my knowledge there are only two smokeless powder manufacturers in the US, the rest of it is imported.
General Dynamics in St. Marks, Florida and Alliant in Connecticut.
Both are huge government contractors with the civilian market as a very small portion of their income.
Is there a wonder why we have a shortage of ammo?
No comments:
Post a Comment